A screenshot, sometimes referred to as a screengrab, is an image that captures everything displayed on your computer screen.
Taking screenshot on Microsoft Windows 11 is not too much different from previous windows versions.Only that on windows 11, you have more pretty features and ways to screengrab.
If you can follow the steps in this post keenly, you can apply the methods and apply them in other versions.
Taking screenshots isn’t just handy; it could be a time-saver, especially when you need to demonstrate something that would otherwise be difficult to explain in words.
5 Best Ways to Take Screenshots on Windows 11
On Windows 11, you get a built-in tool and a few free third-party options to capture and share screenshots with others. Hence, in this article, we will list the few best and easy methods to capture screenshots on Microsoft’s new Windows 11. Let’s check out.
1) Take a Screenshot using the PrtSc key
Although there are many ways to take a screenshot in Windows 11, the handiest option is the PrtSc button on your keyboard. Regardless of which Windows version you are using, you can press the PrtSc key to capture a screenshot instantly.
The only drawback of the PrtSc function is that it only captures the items displayed on your current screen. You won’t be able to capture long scrolling screenshots or specific regions with PrtSc. If you only press the PrtSc key on your keyboard, the screenshot will be saved on the clipboard. You need to open the Paint app to paste the screenshot you captured.
To capture a screenshot, just open the screen you want to capture and press the PrtSc key. This will capture the screenshot; next, open the Paint app and press CTRL + V button. This will paste the screenshot.
If you don’t want PrtSc to save your screenshots to the clipboard, you need to utilize this key combination. Pressing the Windows + PrtSc Key together captures the screenshot and gets saved to the Pictures > Screenshot folder.
3) Using Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool is a built-in utility of the Windows operating system that is used to capture screenshots. The Snipping Tool feature is available on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems.
To use Snipping Tool on your Windows 11 operating system, you need to follow some of the simple steps shared below.
1. First of all, open Windows 11 Search and type in Snipping Tool. Next, open the Snipping Tool from the list.
2. Alternatively, press the Windows + Shift + S key on your keyboard to launch the Windows Snipping Tool.
3. You will find four different options to capture screenshots – Rectangular Snip, Freeform Snip, Window Snip, Fullscreen Snip.
4. Depending on the type of screenshot you want to capture, select the option and capture the screen.
5. Now, you will be able to view the screenshot. Right-click on the image and select the Save as option to save it on your storage device.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can use the Snipping tool to capture screenshots in Windows 11.
4) Capture Screenshot using Xbox Game Bar
In this method, we will use the Xbox Game bar to take a screenshot in Windows 11. However, to use the Xbox Game bar, you need to enable the feature on your device. For that, follow our guide –
1. First of all, press the Windows + G key on your keyboard. This will open the Xbox Game bar on your device.
2. On the top, click on the Widgets option and select the Capture Widget.
3. On the Capture Widget, you need to click on the camera icon to capture the current app or desktop.
4. The captured screenshot will be saved to C:\Users\[username]\Videos\Captures folder. Browse the folder, and you will find your screenshot there.
It’s pretty easy to capture screenshots on Windows 11 with the Xbox Game bar, and the best part is that the utility is free to use.
5) Capture Screenshot using Lightshot
Lightshot is a third-party screenshot utility that’s extremely lightweight and free to use. You can rely on the Lightshot utility to capture screenshots and annotate the images. Here’s how to use Lightshot.
1. First of all, download & install Lightshot on your Windows 11 computer.
2. The Lightshot app icon will be added to the system tray.
3. Click on the Lightshot icon and select the area you want to capture.
4. Once done, you will be able to edit the image or create an instant sharable link.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can use Lightshot to capture screenshots in Windows 11.