Everyday News

Boko Haram Responsible For Kuje Prisons Attack


The Muhammadu Buhari Government has blamed Boko Haram terrorists for the deadly attack on the Kuje Medium Custodial Centre in Abuja.

Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi made this known while interacting with journalists on Wednesday morning after a visit to the prison facility.

This news platform had reported earlier that terrorists attacked the prison facility with bombs on Tuesday night and released over 600 inmates.

Speaking further, Magashi said the pattern of the attack and the records of the inmates who escaped from the facility shows that Boko Haram insurgents were behind the attack.

Magashi revealed that all the security operatives within the facility responded to the attack but the terrorists who came in large numbers overpowered the officers.

The minister said soldiers from the Brigades of Guards have taken over command and control of the facility and the situation has been brought under control.

Magashi asserted that the federal government is on the trail of the escapees and would ensure that all freed inmates are brought back to the facility.

He said: ”From the records, they belong to a particular group. The Boko Haram insurgent group. And all of them inside the facility have escaped.

“But the situation is under control and that’s why you see people going about their normal business activities. We called for reinforcement and the Brigades of Guards are here, and have taken control.

“We have recovered some of those who escaped. I saw about 200 of them. And some did not leave the facility. Many are still being re-arrested, and hopefully, by the close of the day everything will be brought under control.”

Our Telegram Channel

DanZubair

Multilingual Blogger, Website and Graphic Designer, Gobir Enthusiast, GTE at WordPress Hausa. I am Abdul Mailahiya Hausa by name, Founder- Operator at Bago Technologies. My hobbies are reading, travelling and discovering.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.