One of the victims of the Abuja-Kaduna train attack has been reportedly killed by terrorists while returning to his hometown after his release.
Reports obtained by HausaToday revealed that the victim whose name is yet to be made public was travelling along the Funtua-Gusau road en route to his home town in Kebbi State on Saturday when the assailants gunned him down.
Recall that the Nigerian Army last Wednesday, secured the freedom of the last batch of victims of the train passengers who were kidnapped six months ago by the terrorists.
While some of the victims had reunited with their relatives earlier, the deceased was on his way to his home town in Kebbi State alongside his relatives who came to Kaduna to receive him from authorities but met his untimely death.
Reports obtained by HausaToday revealed that one of the relatives driving the vehicle was also abducted by the terrorists to an unknown destination.
The terrorists according to Leadership shot the victim earlier in his head. It was gathered that the victim died a few hours after he was rushed to Tsafe General Hospital, along the same highway.
He has since been buried in his hometown according to Islamic rites.
One of the victims of the deadly Abuja-Kaduna train attack on March 28, 2022, Lois Arzurfa, said on Monday that she has forgiven her abductors and would not ask God for vengeance.
HausaToday reports that the 21-year-old girl was one of the 65 passengers that were abducted at gunpoint onboard the AK-9 passenger train months ago.
Reports had emerged earlier that a terrorist commander threatened to marry the young female hostage. Arzurfa who was among the remaining 23 passengers that were freed last Wednesday, told newsmen from her hospital bed that their freedom came as a surprise to her.
The 100-level student of the Kaduna State University told reporters that she has put behind her all the suffering they went through in the 191 days spent in their terrorist’s den.
Recalling their abduction, Arzurfa said they were all captured in a commando-like style by the terrorists who stormed the train, shooting indiscriminately, ordering them to go out.
According to her, their journey to the unknown began after the train incident. Arzurfa said they walked a distance that night before motorcycles came, and took them away and they journeyed for four days before arriving at the main camp that became their abode for 191 days.
She said, “From the scene of the attack, I saw that the train just derailed, the terrorists entered the train, they started shooting sporadically and they asked us to go out. Then, the men were tied up, they collected our phones.
“We walked a distance that night before bikes came. Then, they took us to where we spent that night. We journeyed for four days before we got to where they dropped us off, which is their main camp. We were there doing nothing, every day was just like the repetition of the previous day.”